Saturday 5 April 2014

My Essential Travel Makeup Bag!

Not that I travel much (like overseas or anything; I'm not that fancy), but I do take a makeup bag with me when I stay overnight anywhere, and it's always handy to have your go-to easy options for makeup essentials to bring along with you.

Mine are all based on an easy everyday look. I never pack makeup that's suitable for a night out, just because a night-out makeup look always takes a hell of a lot longer than an everyday one, which usually involves minimum effort.





In my makeup bag (which is nothing special, hence why it's not shown) I always always always pack:

- Benefit's The Porefessional primer (excellent stuff)

- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 (this is definitely high coverage, but unless I need it, I only use a tiny amount and sheer it over my entire face)

- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (covers everything, but I use this on blemishes)

- L'Oreal Dream Lumi Magique highlighting concealer in 1 Light (for under eyes)

- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent (for setting)

- Sleek Contouring Kit in Light (I use contour colour, then blush, then the highlight)

- Elf blush in Candid Coral (used after contour, and before highlight)

- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Brunette

- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (I usually use either W.O.S all over with Naked 2 in the crease or Naked 2 all over and Faint in the crease, and always use Venus in the inner corners)

- Maybelline Masterliner in (I think) BR-1 (that's the only other labeling on it)

- Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions lash blast mascara in Very Black



As for brushes, I don't own ANY MAC brushes or Sigma or..basically any expensive ones...
But here is a list of the brushes I use EVERY SINGLE DAY, and always take them in my travel bag:

- From Real Techniques: 
Expert Face Brush - for foundation
Multi-Task Brush - for blush, contour and highlight
Domed Shadow brush - for concealer
Base Shadow brush - for eyeshadow base colour
Deluxe Crease brush - for crease colour
Brow Brush - for brow powder

- From Eco Tools:
From what I remember it's just a basic powder brush - which I use for powder, funnily enough.


And that's it!
Nothing fancy, nothing difficult. Using all of these products, it takes me between 10 and 20 minutes to do my makeup (depending on how intricate I feel like being with my eye makeup).

I know I didn't choose one of my NARS blushes, but I find they are really pigmented, and take longer to blend, whereas the elf blush can be swiped on and hardly requires any effort at all.
Some days I won't do any contouring (where the elf blush also comes in handy, as it also gives a subtle highlight), and some days I won't use any eyeshadow or liner.
But I always bring them with me, because I never know what I'll feel like doing the next day!


Hope you found this at all interesting or helpful!
What are your travel essentials? 
Any recommendations?
Any good recommendations for good makeup bags I should get?

Happy Sunday everyone!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment