Monday 9 September 2013

Blushing Beauties and Bronzed Babes

Bronzers and blushers can completely change the way your face looks. 
I usually stick to the plain canvas look of none of either, but sometimes I divulge into the world of blush or bronzer.
Bronzer is great during summer, if, like me, you have pasty...pasty skin. When fake-tanning season kicks in, the only place you won't be tanned is your face, so having a bronzer is essential so that you don't end up looking like an oompa loompa. 

Blush, to me is more of an Autumn, Winter and Spring type of thing. When I can flaunt my pasty canvas with a sweet smokey eye and light blushing cheeks and a pretty lip gloss. 

Unfortunately, my collection only contains these three. I know, CRAZY, considering how many of everything else I have. But to be honest, I've never thought I needed them, as I naturally go rosy red at ALL the most inappropriate moments (how embarrassing!). 
But a few weeks ago I was in Target and spotted the Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch in 001 Flush of Pearl, and thought...why not? It's a real translucent shimmery pink that I put on my cheeks, almost like a highlighter, after foundation. I must say, it does add a lot of radiance with only a small amount, which is great, but it's best to put a powder over the top so that it's not too much.

I was in Priceline today (I know, SHOCK), and I decided it was time I had a proper blush, so I picked up just this cheap brand one called Savvy by DB. It's a classic blush in the shade silky pink. I haven't tried this just yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so!

My Nude by Nature bronzer is not too bad, but considering how much they charge, it really is just way too shimmery. I almost feel like a glitter queen after, and I can't use much for colour, otherwise I end up too shiny, glittery and shimmery.
So my next buy is definitely a new bronzer! 

Quick tip though, don't be too overzealous with bronzer and blush. It's great to have a small, natural looking glow, but you don't want to end up looking like a trashy teenager. So keep it minimal, to keep yourself out of the costume act!

No comments:

Post a Comment