Monday 13 January 2014

Christmas Haul! | Money Well Spent


Christmas! The bestest time of year ever ever ever! I was so lucky to get lots of great presents from all of my loved ones, but I also got a lot of money, which is also great for a shopaholic like me!
SO instead of sharing with you all of my gifts, I thought I'd share with you what I bought with the money I was given instead. :)
Enjoy!




I finally popped my MAC and NARS cherries! Sweet baby jesus was I excited. I busted on into the MAC stall at Myer in Chadstone with a determination to get me some high end makeup, and I left Chadstone with some great buys!

I actually went to MAC to get myself one of the extra-dimension highlighters (which are GORGE) but I was just idling by the foundations when the girl working there asked if I wanted to be colour-matched; to which I said "um yeah!". So exciting! So I ended up leaving with the Studio Fix foundation fluid in NW15. I've used this a few times, and so far I'm loving it. It has exceptional coverage, and I seriously only need a pea size amount to cover my whole face! The only quarrel I have with this so far is that I've found it looks a bit patchy on my skin when I first put it on, but I think that may have something to do with my skin going cray cray lately. Either way, once I've used powder and buffed - mwah! Perfecto!

Very close to Myer in Chadstone is now a Mecca Maxima store, which is great! More great makeup, mmmmm yeah! Does that excite anyone else as much as me? Or am I just weird?...Anyway...
So I was looking at the NARS stand, and I just couldn't leave without getting the cult favourite blush in "orgasm". Awfully crude name, but it is beautiful. Rosy, peachy, gold shimmer. So pretty! I literally have to just dab my brush into this (not even a swirl needed) and I get a nice subtle flushed look. Perfect for every day!

Another cult give in was the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I really wanted to try their eyeshadows before buying any of the full Naked palettes and so ended up with this. It is fabulous. I never understood how a powder could possibly be soft and almost creamy, but now I do. This palette is made for epiphanies. 




Onto the last beauty purchases that aren't as lush but still are fantastic. 
I had a Body Shop gift voucher burning a hole in my pocket, and while I knew one of my purchases was going to be the Seaweed toner, I also wanted to get something as a treat.
My friend bought me the Moringa body butter a while ago, and the smell is so heavenly (think of Marc Jacobs Daisy smell), that when I found this body spray, I thought "I need this". So perfect for this Australian summer that's just decided to rear its head this week (it's supposed to be 41 degrees tomorrow D:). 

Last but not least was an Elisabeth Arden gift pack that I found in Priceline for $15. Doesn't sound too exciting until I tell you that the larger tube of the Eight Hour Cream is $25 by itself, the moisturiser is $35 by itself and the lip treatment (which didn't make it into the photo sadly) didn't even get noticed for the price, because I was already saving so much haha! 


I found this dress in Osmosis for $30 reduced from $80. It is from Mink Pink, and after buying a dress from this brand, I knew it was going to be a great fit. And it was! It has all those great stitch lines that compliment my body shape and show off my small waist. It's just a plain black T-shirt dress that's collared and comes down to just above half way on the thigh.


Who doesn't love a good hoodie? I needed a hoodie of my own; I'm always stealing my boyfriend's. And this one was cheap and cute in Factorie, so into my collection it went!



I have a strange love for knit sweaters. They're warm, casual and cute. So easy to wear over leggings and with dresses. 
This one was $15 from Cotton On, and I was quite surprised that I found something I liked in there. I tend to go into Cotton On with high hopes, and just never find anything that tickles my fancy. 




So that is (almost) everything I bought with my Christmas money. I say almost because there were also two pairs of 'Jelly Shoes' - but they weren't that exciting haha!


I hope you guys all had a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!
Link me to your posts of Christmas Hauls or 'What I got for Christmas?' and I'll be sure to read them!

Enjoying 2014 so far?

Talk to you next week, sweeties!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment